Which POS System should you use??
Shopify holds great reputation in the retail market space for a long time. It is evidently one of the premier and high-potential web-based POS systems.
- It offers efficient inventory management.
- Recorded database and profiling of customers
- Allow you to offer different variations of the product
- Detailed product and retail reports
- Assigning barcodes to customers
Shopify Lite – $9/month ,Basic Shopify – $29/month ,Shopify – $79/month ,Advanced Shopify – $299/month
- Basic subscription is highly affordable
- Provide good value for small businesses
- Free 14-day trial
- Easy to setup and customize
- Robust & efficient e-commerce tools
- No free subscription plans
- Glitches in offline mode
- Limited customizations on the basic plan
- Advance subscription plans are costly
- Additional cost for third-party payment providers
Square POS is certainly amongst the best choices for POS systems for small businesses to pick.
- Square POS offers strict data security and protection against any fraudulency.
- You get detailed reports on sales as well as real-time analysis.
- It allows you to view, track, manage, edit as well as update the item quantity.
- Whenever you get low on your stocks, you will receive alerts.
- The Square POS dashboard helps you manage administration
- No monthly fees
- All the tapped and swiped payments cost 2.6% + 10 cents
- Card-on file and key-in payments cost 3.5% + 15 cents
- Square register payments, purchased before 8/20/19 cost 2.5% + 10 cents.
- For specific restaurant businesses : $60 per month per location
- Retail plans : $60/month per locations & 2.5% + 10 cents ( in-person payment)
- Free POS, value for small businesses
- Transparency in transaction cost
- Faster to set up, use and manage
- Easy to setup and use
- No monthly cost on their basic plan
- It can grow with your business
- Transactions fees are costly as compared to other major processors
- Not ideal for high-risk small businesses
- Costlier fees for manual entries
- You get limited control on inventory
This is certainly the best POS system serving the accounting system of businesses for a long time.
- QuickBooks primarily equip your business to accept payments, track income and expenses, send invoices and more.
- You also get more account management tools such as cash flow management, maximize tax deductions, track time, miles and inventory.
- Lot of additional advanced features like tracking sales and taxes, accounting, bookkeeping and more
- It also integrates with quickbook ecommerce where you can list and manage products from different platforms.
- The account management with QuickBook POS is very easy to use due to its user-friendly interface.
- Basic One-time : $960
- Pro One-time : $1,360
- Multi-store one-time : $1,520
- One-time purchase with no monthly charges
- Easy and quick integration with Intuit accounting software
- Easy compatibility with Windows & Tablets
- Expensive for all features
- Not compatible with iPads
- Lack of advanced options in inventory management
This particular POS system is the best for high-end inventory management. Even in the case of speciality shops, it can help you manage custom orders.
- It offers a flexible and robust cloud-based POS system that can be easily run on desktop as well as on iPad.
- Best inventory management service offering to create bundles, track unit costs, manage layaways, variants and custom orders.
- The inventory management feature allows you to streamline purchase orders along with their in-built product catalog.
- It offers extensive, powerful and detailed analytics including over 40 different types of reports, visual data such as charts and graphs and suggestions on how to improve it.
- You get more than 50 professional efficient themes with all order and shipping management tools, SEO tools, CRM and much more.
- Basic plan : $69/month
- Starter plan : $99/month (+ ecommerce)
- Standard plan: $199/month ( + accounting features)
- Advanced plan : $169/month ( + loyalty program)
- Pro plan: $229/month (+ analytics)
- Additional registers : $29/month
- Payment processing charge for cards per transactions : 2.6% + 10 cents
- Free payment terminal
- Efficient, Robust & Effective E-commerce platform
- Offering more than 40 retail analytical reports
- Detailed inventory management and analytic tools
- Multiple choices for iPad equipment
- 24/7 support
- Could be a bit on the expensive side, especially for small businesses
- Need to make a call to get complete info about plan features
- The user-interface is a bit complex to navigate
- No offline mode
PayPal Here is a free mobile POS brought by finance giant PayPal. It allows small businesses to accept payments from their customers and clients.
- You can download mobile POS applications on any mobile device where it can accept all kinds of payments including debit, credit and PayPal.
- It allows you to create invoices, customized receipts, calculate sales tax and also, manage product listings.
- The tool also allows to track sales with detailed reports and analysis. It provides a simple tool to process occasional payments.
- Mobile POS application : Free
- Swipe/Chip payment fees : 2.7%
- Invoice payment fees : 2.9% + 30 cents ( per transaction)
- Keyed-in payment fees : 3.5% + 15 cents ( per transaction)
- No Monthly Fees
- Ideal for accepting mobile payments
- Easy to quick to setup on multiple devices
- Predictable transaction fees, no hidden charges
- Lack of account stability
- Not a full-featured POS system
- Not ideal for large transactions
The Revel System POS is primarily built for quick-service restaurants, food chains, restaurants, bars and coffee shops. It offers CRM ( Customer relationship Management) tools which helps you to automate the system.
- Back-of-house features such as integrated online ordering, menu-building tools, centralized multi-location management and more.
- Front-of-house features such as detailed permission setting, customizable setting on table mapping and management, and more.
- Self-order kiosks, contactless service, discount tools, customer display system
- You also get real-time integrated inventory tracking, analysis, performance metrics and more.
- Software : Minimum $99/month per terminal
- Installation & Onboarding fees : Minimum $649
- Tons of software integrations
- Detailed reporting tools
- Highly customizable customer loyalty management services
- Perfect for food & beverage small businesses
- Ideal for mobile management
- Easy back office management accessibility
- Lack of transparency in pricing
- Bit on Expensive side
- No free trials
- Not much user-friendly as compared to others
- More complex setup as compared to others
Vend offers web and iPad-based POS systems specifically designed for brick and mortar retail stores only.
- It offers comprehensive inventory tools where you can track variants and bundles.
- It offers a centralized product catalog with custom low-stock alert services.
- The POS system features a user-friendly cloud system with utmost customization, flexible configuration and various tools.
- It comes with a mobile barcode scanning application to process quick inventory counts, check product details and manage shipments.
- It offers the best customer loyalty program with integration for third-party tools.
- Free Trial : For 14 days
- Monthly Fees : $99 for turnover limit of $20,000 | $129 for unlimited turnover
- Additional charges : $49/month
- Setup & Installation Fees : Based on Quote
- User-friendly system
- Easy to run on all operating systems
- Flexibility in checkout process
- 24/7 support
- Reporting tools are basic
- Ecommerce integration is weak
- Lack of integrated email marketing
It is a cloud-based POS system ideal for specialty shops and boutiques runs on iPad.
- You get efficient variant-level inventory management services with barcode printing, bulk product upload and low-stock alerts.
- The ShopKeep POS comes with a pocket app to view all the real-time reports and analysis while moving.
- There are plenty of marketing tools including email lists, customer loyalty programs etc are there to optimize business listing.
- You can integrate ShopKeep POS to your online store or business website
- It offers a user-friendly cloud-based interface or dashboard with easy configuration.
- Monthly Fees : $49-$179 (for annual billings)
- Monthly Fees : $69-$199 ( for monthly billings)
- Payment processing charges: 2.5% + 10 cents ( in-person sales) & 3.5% ( online & invoice payment)
- Easy to set up, configure and use
- Efficient back-office applications
- 24 / 7 support
- Limitation with customization
- No free trials
- Few reports on software glitches